This week was filled with audio assignments. I thought that the pictures took me out of my comfort zone, this audio stuff was harder then I ever thought. I spent hours just playing with Audacity trying to figure it out, and I’m still not very good at it. I sent out a desperate tweet on Thursday and then realized that the help I needed couldn’t be accomplished in a tweet. I just needed to buckle down and try harder. I did all of my audio assignments. I think that I picked a hard one to start with and that was the most of my problem.
For 3 stars I did the Audio Assignment Interview/Music Mash-up. This was a kick in the pants and I don’t suggest anyone with no experience with Audacity try to do it as a first project.
“On the street interview”
Next I thought about doing my sound effect story for my Character. I started out with just sounds of a library and started to post that, but after sleeping on it (and listening to other peoples posts) I realized that mine needed a lot more. I decided to make it Isabelle McIntosh’s first case. This decision made me so much happier with the whole project. Here are my sound effects for a kidnapping in a library.
“Isabelle’s First Case”
For 4 stars I did the assignment for Spooky Sounds. This was fun because what I thought sounded spooky, didn’t really sound that bad when mixed with the other sounds. I had to change several of the sounds and get something more distinct in order for it to sound spooky.
To finish off my 8 points I did an Over Dramatic reading of a child’s poem for 1.5 stars. I used one my kids liked that is funny and I made it serious. I think it turned out well. Here is Shel Silversteins “Quality Time”
This week we read about “The Ambience of Film Noir” this was interesting to read about and helped me to understand more about what the sounds were there to portray. I enjoyed listening to DS106Radio and tried to listen again the next night but my system wouldn’t work. It turned out that when I downloaded one of the programs to make the audio recordings I must have downloaded a radio program and it blocked DS106Radio from playing. I figured it out and deleted the program and I can hear DS106Radio again. Here is my blog about audio storytelling.
“Think about Audio Storytelling”
I did three Daily Creates this week, I enjoyed all of them.
In the first Daily Create I had to take a picture of “ruin porn” I took a picture of an old goat house on my property. I think it came out good. I went to my go to PowerPoint for editing the picture and adding the caption.
“Daily Create 2/2/2015″
The next Daily Create I did was a “sorry” picture. I took a picture of my cat stretched out over my laptop. I know he wasn’t sorry (it was warm and the house was cold) but I thought it would work for this task. I used PowerPoint to accomplish this.
“Daily Create 2/3/2015″
The last Daily Create I did this week was putting a caption on the sad puppy picture. It was fun to see all the different things people came up with. I used PowerPoint to add the caption on this one too.
“Daily Create 2/4/2015″
I created a radio bumper for DS106 Radio, I used Audacity, and it was pretty easy now that I have a handle on the program. The hardest part was trying to find an MP3 that fit the mood of the Radio station.
Lastly I had to Brainstorm for a new DS106Radio show. Here is my idea.
This was a good week. I had to figure a lot out and I have lost a lot of sleep over this class, but I think I have this pretty much figured out.